ISC and DRM...

yilas

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hello,

Is there a possibility to manage tapes (managed by DRM) by using the ISC ?

Cordially,

Yann

The ISC is a management interface while DRM is a process within TSM. You should be able to perform all the DRM functions from within the ISC.

What would you like to do with DRM that you can't do through the ISC?

-Aaron

Well, in fact I wondered whether it is possible to manage or change the state of volumes.

For exemple, can I see volumes which have the state "Vault" or "Vaultretrieve" ? For that last state, can I change the state to "onsiter", and so on...

Yann

Hello,

Someone has an idea about the possibility to see the state (vaultretrieve, etc) of volumes inside ISC ? :)

Cordially,

Yann

Hi Yann,

Disaster Recovery Management was not included in TSM Admin Center in the initial 5.3.0.0 or 5.3.1.0 versions. It was new in the 5.3.2.0 version. If you are using 5.3.0.0 or 5.3.1.0, you will not be able to manage your tapes within the Admin Center. With 5.3.2.0 or 5.3.3.0 there will be a link in the Work Items (underneath Server Maintenance and Reporting) called Disaster Recovery Management.

You can download the latest version of the Admin Center from the ftp site:

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/tivoli-storage-management/maintenance/admincenter/v5r3/5.3.3.0

Thanks!

Nick

The lack of the DRM functionality in the first two iterations of the ISC proved how horrible an idea it was. I say we all revolt and demand they do a total revision. Its the worst interface change I have ever seen....and I have seen alot.

It was explained to me that the purpose for the ISC is so eventually, all IBM products have a common interface (look & feel) and that the ISC was the frist step towards that.

I complained enough and was told that other products looked at using the ISC and decided that it was "not efficent" and that they would write thier own interface. (HMC is getting a new interface with v6)

Lets hope enough people within IBM complain because obviously the customers don't matter.

-Aaron

Back