insert within the tsm command line

daveisme

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I am new to TSm and wanted to know if there is a way to insert in the TSM command line.

for example I want to check in several tapes by running the checkin command as follows;

checkin libvol library_name 001 status=scratch waitt=0 checkl=yes

I want to go back and change the tape number to 0010 without having to retype the rest of the line.

You can recall the command using the up arrow and then using the right and left arrow keys modify the line. Of course it depends on your environment settings. Not sure if that's what you want but why don't you just do:

checkin libvol <lib_name> checkl=yes status=scratch search=<bulk/yes> vollist=0010,0011,0012

When I recall the command I want to insert the new number. My main question is how do you insert information into a command without rewriting the remainder of the command. If I mistyped the line as follows;

checkin libvol library_name 001 status=scratch wai=0 checkl=yes

how do I correct the line to correct waitt=0 without having to retype "checkl=yes
" after.

Like I said in my previous post, you should be able to just move the cursor back to the mistyped info and change it using the arrow keys or download one of the free third party admin tools that lets you recall the command and select the specific area you want to fix with your mouse.

When I recall the command I want to insert the new number. My main question is how do you insert information into a command without rewriting the remainder of the command. If I mistyped the line as follows;

checkin libvol library_name 001 status=scratch wai=0 checkl=yes

how do I correct the line to correct waitt=0 without having to retype "checkl=yes
" after.

As mentioned by Chad - use the ARROW keys! Use the insert key for Telnet sessions on UNIX and just type the new characters for DOS sessions, and hit enter!

I always do this!!

normally i use this command to check in scratch tape or label the new tape

>checkin libvol library_name vollist=ag0023,ag0024,... status=scratch search=yes
>label libvol library_name vollist=ag0025,ag0026,... checkin=scratch search=yes

so what happend if i not specify the checklabel?

Last edited:
normally i use this command to check in scratch tape or label the new tape

>checkin libvol library_name vollist=ag0023,ag0024,... status=scratch search=yes
>label libvol library_name vollist=ag0025,ag0026,... checkin=scratch search=yes

so what happend if i not specify the checklabel?

It will use the default setting - checklabel=yes.

Back