HSM Filespace

tsmuser10

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
We have a windows client that no longer uses HSM, q fi shows 2 fi spaces for that client. I see I can issue del fi nodename * type=spacemanaged. Of course my fear here is the * Is there any other way to del this ? The HSM client is no longer installed on the client

THX

They, of course, should have retrieved all HSM data before they removed the client, but YOU probably knew that. They would have to re-install the HSM client then retrieve everything; or get the admin's word that this was done. If you have a change management process, go through this so everything is documented! (cya). If they won't/can't do this, then you may as well get rid of the data.

They do not want to data anymore, but of course they still see it via the gui. I see the 2 filespaces, I'm more curious to know if the the del fi nodename * type=spacemanage will work ? Just a little cautious when doing a command with a *

Yes, it did work. just a tad nervous about using that *. My next issue is that a q fi does not show the HSM data anymore as it should but the client can still see the archives in the GUI ? I did the undo archconv and convert to try and cleanup up but client still see's them in the gui

thoughts ?

THX

Are they actually seeing files, or just the filespace? A record of the filespaces created on the GUI are kept at the client, so you may see them on the GUI even though they are not actually on the server.

I would say the filespace, is there way to clear out the old data ? user cannot delete because of message file not found on server

Well, certainly uninstalling the HSM componant and making sure all the file in the HSM subdirectory are gone should do it. Or are you saying that they can see the HSM file space from the backup/archive client? If that's the case, make sure they're not explicitly pointing to the HSM filespace in the dsm.opt file.

Yes, user did unistall HSM from the node. He's seeing the files in the backup/archive client. I'lll get a copy of the .opt file and take a look

Need help for implementing HSM for windows enviroement

We have a windows client that no longer uses HSM, q fi shows 2 fi spaces for that client. I see I can issue del fi nodename * type=spacemanaged. Of course my fear here is the * Is there any other way to del this ? The HSM client is no longer installed on the client

THX
How it will intigegrate with exisitng BA client and policy?
Shoul we need to create a differnent pool or it will intigerate with exisint pool

Yes, you will see the HSM directories in the backup/archive client; they run in parallel.
This, however, brings up another issue: before they uninstalled the HSM client, did they retrieve all the migrated files? That is, are there still stub files left on the client? If so, they will have to re-install the HSM client and retrieve these files, then uninstall it again.
You won't have to do anything with the backup/archive client.

Back