how to use my copy pool volume to restore my data

ranjancom2000

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
One of my primary pool volume has be damaged saying REF006L3 how to use my copy pool volume to restore my data.Pls explain me step by step

:confused:

2K,

Review the TSM Server Administrator Guide - Chapter 23 - section on Restoring Storage pool volumes. and then the "restore volume" command in the TSM Administrator Reference.

See - http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v1r1/index.jsp

Pretty much, do the following:

1. Run restore volume with the "preview=yes" option and then inspect the output and verify that you have the necessary copy pool volumes available in your library.

2. After you have verified the needed copy pool volumes are in your library, run the same command without the "preview" option.

Cheers,

Neil

If your primary tapes are access=unavailable and your copypool tapes needed are access=reado or readw, a client restore will go to the copypool tape(s) if primary is unavailable. This doesn't mean you won't need to restore your damaged primary pool tapes, but you can restore directly from copypool tapes and restore your damaged tape after the client restore. In order to get the copypool tapes you would need, you need to preview a restore of your damaged tape and make sure all copypool tapes are in your library

Back