How to setup "look only" user in ISC

dynamox

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Guys,

i need to setup an account in ISC that can only look around and not change anything. This is for my dba who should only be able to login and look at their jobs etc. I am very new to TSM/ISC. I would prefer to create a group that should only have "look" permission and then drop users into that group. Can i do that?

Thanks

Operator is not a user but authority for a user to do mostly readonly tasks.
In the TSM server define a user and grant authority
register admin <username> <password>
grant authority <username> classes=operator

In ISC define a user account and connect to the TSM server using the above created username.

MTH
/HE

when i go into ISC and go into "Console Settings -> User and Group Management -> All Authenticated Portal Users ..once there i created an account. Now when i login with this account to ISC i don't see any options, i just get the welcome screen. Do i need need to give this user some kind of rights in ISC so that it can add TSM server.

Hi again,
In ISC you hace the iscadmin account which is used to create other accounts. A TSM user account don't need adminaccess to ISC itself.
To add a new user:
Add the user
Select All Portal User Groups
Select "TSM Admin Centre"
Add the user to this group

This worked great, is there a way for me to restrict my "look only" account to where once they login to ISC the only thing they see is Activity log. I want this account only to be able to look into activity log. Right now when this account logs in into ISC they see other options, they can't do anything with them but I wanted to make it a little more restrictive.

Thank you

We set up a "public" actlog server that simply pipes all the activity logs into a aspx running under an IIS on a windows box. Every member of the ADS admin group can look at it and see whats going on. Took a couple of hours to set up and saves lots of tedious phone calls every day. Overall one of the most effective things we ever did ;)

PJ

Back