How to delete SQL backup

pfsubaru

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I need to delete some SQL backup some which I no longer require, how can I manually delete these backup? I am currently running 5.4.3 server on Windows 2003, I have already updated my node to be able to delete backup, but I notice the delete option is only available in the BAClient and not in the TDPSQL. Please help!!

:tongue:

The TDPSQL nod definition most definitely should and can have the BACKDELETE YES option set. So make sure it is and then TSM should expire data based on your policy settings for the TDP node.

If you have active version of a database backups, first you need inactivate them. You can execute 'tdpsqlc inactivate' to achieve this state.

To expand upon the above, in the TDPSQL GUI on the client you can view the 'Inactivate Tab', and then in the main window choose precisely which of your active backups from your databases you can inactivate. Note that this will merely allow you to select currently active backup objects and inactivate them, it won't necessarily delete them immediately, instead they will be bound to the RETONLY setting for their corresponding management class and hang around for that many days before being expired altogether.

Do let us know how you get on.

Back