How to deactivate the schedule for only today

vinuvinod.87

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Can someone tell me the command to deactivate the schedule so that it does not run today. Please let me know asap.

Thanks!
Vinu

Keep in mind that if you alter the schedule, you lose your history of it's status. "Q EVENT" will not go show anything older than the date of the schedule edit.

Keep in mind that if you alter the schedule, you lose your history of it's status. "Q EVENT" will not go show anything older than the date of the schedule edit.

I am not sure but event record deletes when a node is disassociated from schedule or schedule deleted or due to event retention but I dont think updating a schedule will also erase past records

i have a script that tells TSM to expire the schedules from my config manager, but it must also be un-expired

expire
upd sched DOMAINNAME SCHEDNAME exp=today-1

un-expire
upd sched DOMAINNAME SCHEDNAME exp=Never

sorry i didnt get your question ..... event expire is different schedule expire is different

event expire means the schedule event will be expired from TSM DB whereas schedule expire expires schedule also

Hi Vinu,

Incase you dont want to disturb the schedule and still you want to deactive for one night, then just kill or stop the scheduler service so that backup will not happen for the night with missed state.

You can start the service once you are good to go with...

Regards
Malli Raajan

You can update the schedule on TSM server side and which ever day u do not want to run this schedule u can update that day ..
EG : Dayofweek=Monday, Tuesday, Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday

Incase if u want the schedule not to run on Wednesday, Just do not mention Wednesday...

And Incase if next week wednesday u want it to run the schedule onWednesday too.. update the schedule again

2. In some case u can lock the node with whom the schedule is associated.. which u do not want to run today..
and unlock it tomorrow . So on that particular day schedule for that node will get missed and it wont execute

Hello,

I need something familiar, i want to suspend any backup schedule from running during a technical window for maintenance.(for instance all sql servers are upgrade on os level and no backup may start) Let's suppose this window is between 13h an 16h all schedules planned between this timeframe may not run and must start again from 16h. I don't want to 'del assoc' because you might forget to add (def assoc) one client again to a schedule.
Disable session could be a possibility and lock node maybe also .. In schedulars like OPC (tivoli) you have something like a quiesce point with a manual start, in tsm we don't have it.
any suggestions?

You can create an admin schedule that runs on specific days of each month and calls a script that updates each of your schedules with a new startdate.

- Create script_1 to update all of your schedules with "startdate=today+5"

- Create an admin schedule using "dayofmonth=12" and "cmd='run script_1'" and set the admin schedule to "starttime=23:50" (beyond the last involved client schedule of the day.)

This will run your admin schedule on the 12th day of each month and will set all of your schedules to start 5 days later.

thanks GregE that's a possibility too. I'll do some tests.

i know that's a possibility but the followup of backups is done at first level in different working shifts and if they do not communicate weel, which very often occurs, then they start service again + restart backup.

You can try to do what domino said: update your schedules so the start date/time field will have a future date (like after the end of the window).
Another idea is to delete the associations with the nodes, do the maintenance and then redefine the associations.

indeed thanks this is also a possibility

Back