How to check the total data backed up on daily

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyj

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am newbie to this TSM world.

Can you please let me know how to check the total data we are backing up on our TSM server. We are taking backup of almost more than 200 servers with lot of disk pools and tape pools and we are also running TDP for Oracle/R3/Exchange.

There will be difference in data backing up on weekdays/weekends.

Thanks
skyj

Thanks!!!

I already did that but want to know if we can check it from command line by using some combination of SQL statements.

Thanks this is what I am looking for!!!!!

You can try this one:
Script for a quick overview of your housekeeping activities of the previous day(s)
Code:
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]/*   --------------------------------------------------------------*/[/SIZE][/FONT] 
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]/*  Script Name:  q_housekeeping                 */[/SIZE][/FONT] 
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]/*  Description: Info about the HK processes   */[/SIZE][/FONT]  
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]/*                    off the previous day                 */[/SIZE][/FONT] 
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]/*  Example:     run  q_housekeeping              */[/SIZE][/FONT] 
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]/*   --------------------------------------------------------------*/[/SIZE][/FONT] 
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]issue message i "Stgpool backup"[/SIZE][/FONT] 
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]issue  message i "--------------"[/SIZE][/FONT] 
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]/* */[/SIZE][/FONT]  
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]select start_time, end_time, activity, entity, processes, bytes/1024/1024/1024 as GB_MOVED, successful from summary where (end_time>current_timestamp - 1 days) and activity='STGPOOL BACKUP'
issue message i "Backup DB Full"[/SIZE][/FONT] 
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]issue message i "--------------"[/SIZE][/FONT] 
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]select start_time, end_time, activity,  successful from summary where (end_time>current_timestamp - 1 days) and activity='FULL_DBBACKUP'
issue message i "Backup DB Incr"[/SIZE][/FONT] 
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]issue message i "--------------"[/SIZE][/FONT] 
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]select start_time, end_time, activity,  successful from summary where (end_time>current_timestamp - 1 days) and activity='INCR_DBBACKUP'
issue message i "Migration"[/SIZE][/FONT] 
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]issue message i "---------"[/SIZE][/FONT] 
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]select start_time, end_time, activity, entity, bytes/1024/1024/1024 as GB_MOVED from summary where (end_time>current_timestamp - 1 days) and activity='MIGRATION'
issue message i "Expiration"[/SIZE][/FONT] 
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]issue message i "----------"[/SIZE][/FONT] 
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]select start_time, end_time, activity, successful  from summary where (end_time>current_timestamp - 4 days) and activity='EXPIRATION'
issue message i "Reclamation"[/SIZE][/FONT] 
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]issue message i "-----------"[/SIZE][/FONT] 
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]select start_time, end_time, activity, entity, bytes/1024/1024/1024 as GB_MOVED, successful  from summary where (end_time>current_timestamp - 4 days) and activity='RECLAMATION'[/SIZE][/FONT]
Your backup stgpool (and possibly migration) should reflect the total of your new backup data.

And to show total GB backup or archive within a date range or from previous days:
Code:
[FONT=Arial][B][U]Total GB Backup:[/U][/B][/FONT]
 [FONT=Arial]select cast(float(sum(bytes))/1024/1024/1024 as decimal(14,2)) as TGBB from summary where activity='BACKUP' and end_time>current_timestamp - 1 days[/FONT]
 [FONT=Arial]select cast(float(sum(bytes))/1024/1024/1024 as decimal(14,2)) as TGBB from summary where (end_time between '2006-12-04' and '2006-12-12') and activity='BACKUP'[/FONT]
 [B][U]Total GB Archive:[/U][/B]
 [FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial]select cast(float(sum(bytes))/1024/1024/1024 as decimal(14,2)) as TGBB from summary where activity='ARCHIVE' and end_time>current_timestamp - 1 days
[/FONT][/FONT]
 [FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial]select cast(float(sum(bytes))/1024/1024/1024 as decimal(14,2)) as TGBA from summary where (end_time between '2006-12-04' and '2006-12-12') and activity='ARCHIVE'
[/FONT][/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back