How it is possible to remove backup copies of files on the client?

RomaNick

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
How it is possible to remove backup copies of files on the client? There is no access. It is necessary to resolve on the server, but where and how?

Whether also there is a description of the mistakes shown by TSM server?

Help please!!! To remove it is necessary not file spaces namely files! :confused:

You can perform delete only on filespace granularity on the TSM server. If you need to delete only some files you have to do it from the client (and you must have allowed backup delete in the node definition). You can do it from another machine, if you configure TSM client for that particular node you want to delete from.

Hope it helps.

It is necessary for me to delete folders. At reserve copying from the client writes " there Is no place on the server ". What I should make to liberate a place on a tape? It is natural to remove any unnecessary folders, instead of completely all disk.

What I particularly should make? :cry:

I don't know your environment. If you have more TSM servers just move some nodes to another TSM server. Seems like problem with capacity planning. Review your backup policy (include/exclude, retention period, versions held...). Check whether reclamation works, review your volumehistory (e.g. old DB backups that could be deleted), check whether expire inventory is run regularely.

so, if you need to delete some directories, just go to your TSM client and do it from it. Before it perform:

UPDATE NODE _NODENAME_ BACKDELete=Yes

Thanks, has helped!

Prompt, please, the address of a resource with the description of mistakes of TSM server?

Hmm, yeah. Might be a request for a URL pointing to the message guide (?). Anyway... I usually just enter "h" for help followed by the message number on the admin cmd-line i.e: "h ANR0444" or whatever.

Cheers

Peter

Back