How can u extract ip address and or real name of client node? I have alot of Version 4

tux242

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
How can u extract ip address and or real name of client node from Master Node? I have alot of Version 4 clients.

Thanks. Tux242 :grin: :confused: :cool:

select node_name, tcp_address from nodes

This will give you the node name and the IP address that the client last talked to TSM from.

-Aaron

you can t retriew the real name of a node name with the session opened on the server,

but you can find it by a "Ping -a" on the IP adress of that node

The following command is a slight improvement on the original:

select node_name, platform_name, client_os_level, tcp_address from nodes order by platform_name, client_os_level

Note, the client_os_level reports the level of the client that last touched it. Don't assume it was the client on the server if you have somebody doing restores from their desktop with an older client. This can be a gotcha if you aren't careful.

The only way to be absolutely sure is to write a script to go do a dir on all of the dsm.exe files and then verify the client by the time stamp of the dsm.exe files.

This command may be helpful as well:

select platform_name, client_os_level, count(*) as Count from nodes group by platform_name, client_os_level

This may help as well...

select node_name, platform_name, client_os_level from nodes where client_os_level='4.00'

Paul

Ok... let me give you the command I thought I was giving you...

select node_name, client_version, client_release, client_level, client_sublevel from nodes order by client_version, client_release, client_level

This one's neat, too, if you query multiple servers:

select server_name, count(*) as count, client_version, client_release, client_level, client_sublevel from status, nodes group by server_name, client_version, client_release, client_level, client_sublevel

hi,
you may try the following

upd node <<nodename>> hla=xxx.yyy.zzz.www

cheers
max

P.S.: you should have started a new post instead of using this

thanks max!!
i have change this value but tms but the field tcp_address not change!!
In the activity log have a message who the tsm server can not connect with node , because the node now have a differnt ip address for net maintenence.
This difference cause the backup of node is missed!!
can you tell me another solution?

p.s. how i create a new topic ? I'm not able to do this!

Back