how 2 configure tsm server in dsm.opt

vkirubakarantsm

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
hai,
happy new year 2 all,
today i am facing problem in dual network.
explaination:
There are 2 lan network lanA and lanB in a dual network .
Now i want to communicate with TSM server
In tsm client how to add to network address.That is in dsm.opt.
I can communicate with tsm server manually by changing the address of LanA and lanB
If i give 2 tsmserver address in dsm.opt it is throughting tcp/ip failure.

How to add lanA and lanB address of TSM server in Tsm client.
For redundance purpose they r using lanA and lanB
with regards,
kiruba tsm support engineer.

you have the
TCPSERVERADDRESS xxxxxxxxxxxxx
TCPCLIENTADDRESS xxxxxxxxxxxxx

parameter to choose the wanted Lan config

for one network its ok. In case of dual networks wht 2 do..
it contains 2 server address.

So you want to back it up to two TSM servers, one on each network?

If so place a folder under the baclient directory with a different name than your node then create a different schedule and appropriate files with the other servers name after you create the appropriate node on the other server.

Heres what you can do...You can run the main client on the one network and create an alternate dsm.opt file (example: dsm-alt.opt) and when you want the backup to use the other network create a command schedule that runs a batch/cmd file that uses the -optfile=dsm-alt.opt option.

Or, you can have two TSM scheduler and Webclient services for each environment, two different TCP ports, and two different HTTP port. You can then use the TSM server client scheduler to run the jobs.

Two schedulers will work but it would require an alternate node name otherwise they would cause havoc with the TSM server knowing which one was actually handling the nodes backups. The scripting way keeps the IP issue to a minimum since once the script completes the scheduler would handle the event results keeping the IP in sync for the TSM server. (For more details do a Q NODE <NODENAME> F=D you'll see TSM keeps the IP listed so it can contact the node).

Back