hexdump at backup nss volumes on NW5.1

tui

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I have NW5.1 and use the 5.1.6 client. I want backup NSS Volumes and get a hexdump when the client attempt to take hold to nss.

Can anybody help me.

Hi,

Coredumps are serious errors, and should be taken to TSM and Novell support for expert analysis.

There might be a conflict between modules, port conflic (like rpc), or this is a new issue. I would perhaps try to start the server with only base NetWare services and TSM, to rule out any conflicting issues. If this works, then load one product at a time until you reach the one creating the coredump.

You need to check the logs on TSM and NetWare side and see what is logged there (error, fail, unable, stop, etc). For instance you could have issues with SMS/TSA modules, or missing patches. For instance all patches related to NSS issues and third party backup software should be checked if any.

If you find nothing, you should enable maximum trace as to ensure maximum logging at the time of the coredump.

Then you should (if you have installed NW correctly there is enough disk space on DOS partition to core dump to file - 1 GB RAM should translate to at least 1 GB DOS partition) coredump to file, and upload it to ftp://ftp.novell.com/incoming (assuming you h ave a support contract wi th Novell).

Steps to collect a coredump is explained here:

http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10083803.htm.

Also ensure you have the latest support pack (6) installed with all related fixes. If not it is advisable to check for fixes regarding third party backup and NSS/Coredumps/Abends in fixes currently not installed.

Morten Ross

[email protected]

Back