Fun with client/server versions

Archimedes

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
We had a situation where a genius consultant told our windows admin to upgrade TSM client to 5.2 without first checking to see if 5.2 was supported by the windows version (it was not). She then uninstalled and tried to reinstall 5.1, but the node definition on our 5.1.6 server was already changed to 5.2.5. We then attempted to delete the node and redefine, but there were system objects still associated with this node.

Here is the problem: When we try to delete these system objects (del file node * type=all), we are getting the following errors:

01/05/07 14:32:20 ANR0104E imutil.c(7761): Error 2 deleting row from table "Expiring.Objects".

01/05/07 14:32:20 ANR9999D imfsdel.c(1872): ThreadId<92> Error 19 deleting group leader 0 425009899.

We cannot delete the node until this is cleaned up, so we have been unable to back up for a while now. If anyone has any ideas on how to force these deletes I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Hi,

these errors usualy have to be solved together with TSM support - especially in your case when you have a bit obsolete TSM server (no offense - in 5.1.6 you do not have repair orphans and other usefull tools ...)

My quick response would be to change the existing node name (rename node) and backup the node again under the same (original) node name. As you were trying to delete the old then you feel that first full backup shoul dnot be a problem.

Then I would wait until full expiration occurs and then try to delete the filespaces one by one (when expiration is not running) again

If this does not help, call support

Hope it helps

Harry

Thanks, I will try the rename and backup.

I know this is obsolete, but it is one of those situation where it is on an old server with a bunch of other apps that need upgrades too, and one affects all the others. Oh well.

Back