First Time Setup of TDPO - Oracle 9.2.1 - TSM 5.3.2 - AIX 5.3 ML 3 - Any good Docs out there?

otr_joe

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi all -

Well - the time has come to immerse myself and instantly become the expert (we all know that is what everyone expects from us) in the setup and configuration of RMAN on Oracle 9.2.1 (Eventually becoming 10G) - using Tivoli Storage Manager for Databases (Latest version 5.2) on TSM 5.3 and AIX 5.3 ML3. I have been working with TSM for a long time and just need a little guidance getting RMAN / TDP client setup quickly - for the first time. I have not worked with it before. I did a quick search on adsm.org and did not find what I was looking for so I thought I would throw out this plea for assistance from all of you real Experts :rolleyes:

Any good step-by-step docs out there? I just need to get this thing setup and working quickly. Don't have time (unless it is my only choice of course) do filter through several manuals to pick out the key info... Help if you can - I surly would appreciate it :)

I will still reference my manuals for support - but I would sure love the short and sweet version if it exists

THANKS!!!!

Hi there -

Docs seem to be pretty scarce on that - I do have an older doc one personally (not sure where I got it online) - please send me a private message with your email address and I will mail it over to you.

Cheers!

Back