Export Node with Storage Pool cache enable

yquirion

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Dear all,

I'm facing a strange problem and would like to share it with you to see if someone already get this issue.

We are currently exporting nodes from our old TSM server to our new system. We have large account, but in general it works well. Since a couple a time, I notice that some of the export node process are waiting, nothing is being transfered to the server and the processes are just running (when using q process). I found using command q session, that process memory IPC is wait. Wait for what? I don't know.

After looking at my storage pool, I saw that the storage pool where data are being sent is 100.0 under "Pct Util" column, but 54.3 under "Pct Migr". In my mind this is fine because my storage pool is caching migreted files, so I don't bother with this, until I force a migration of the storage pool, and then, magically, the export process stop hanging and new data was coming to the storage pool. There is no error, nothing in the logs.

So, for now, until we finish exporting nodes, I set cache migrated files to "no". Hope this will solve the issue for the time being. I will set it back to "yes" thereafter.

Is anyone already get this problem?

Best regards,
Yanick

Hi,

Sorry for tha late reply I was out of the office.

> Is next storage pool defined? What is high and low migration settings?

Yes I have a next storage pool (which is tape) specified and the parameters are HI: 90 and LO: 80.

Much thanks,
Yanickhttp://adsm.org/forum/member.php?u=9137

Back