exclude snapshot dir in scheduled backup/archive jobs

Hi again!
One more thing that I am trying to solve regarding "exclude/include". Is it possible to exclude everything without a specific dir? Something like this, (but the below does not work):

DOMAIN "\\file6866\4610_vol4$"
include "\\file6866\4610_vol4$\groups\OF\drinks\dir-to-scan\...\*"
exclude.dir "\\file6866\4610_vol4$\~snapshot\...\*"
exclude.dir "\\file6866\4610_vol4$\...\*"

If I remove "exclude.dir "\\file6866\4610_vol4$\...\*"", everything is backed up, except ~snapshot dirs.

Hi again!
One more thing that I am trying to solve regarding "exclude/include". Is it possible to exclude everything without a specific dir? Something like this, (but the below does not work):

DOMAIN "\\file6866\4610_vol4$"
include "\\file6866\4610_vol4$\groups\OF\drinks\dir-to-scan\...\*"
exclude.dir "\\file6866\4610_vol4$\~snapshot\...\*"
exclude.dir "\\file6866\4610_vol4$\...\*"

If I remove "exclude.dir "\\file6866\4610_vol4$\...\*"", everything is backed up, except ~snapshot dirs.
That's correct, because you did not exclude anything except ~snapshot.

Revivew this: http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledg...fg_crtinclexcl.html#t_cfg_crtinclexcl?lang=en
And: http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledg...ot.doc/r_pdg_excldirexcludefiles.html?lang=en

If you only want to backup "\\file6866\4610_vol4$\groups\OF\drinks\dir-to-scan\...\*", you have to exclude all files first, then include that directory.

You can also do an exclude.dir to skip both files and directories under ~snapshot.

Ok...
If I understand you and the IBM links you added correct I need to use "exclude" instead of "exclude.dir".
Then I only exclude all files... Is there no way of exclude all dir and files and still be able to run a backup on a specific dir?

Maybe I have to run a selective backup to solve this the best way?

If I understand you and the IBM links you added correct I need to use "exclude" instead of "exclude.dir".
You can still use exclude.dir to exclude your snapshot, but you also want to exclude the rest except one directory.

Then I only exclude all files... Is there no way of exclude all dir and files and still be able to run a backup on a specific dir?
If you only want to backup a specific directory, just backup that directory. You can still do an incremental (no need for a selective, unless you have a requirement for a selective), just specify that directory.

Manual:
dsmc incr \\file6866\4610_vol4$\groups\OF\drinks\dir-to-scan\ -su=yes

Or in a schedule:
object="\\file6866\4610_vol4$\groups\OF\drinks\dir-to-scan\"

Maybe I have to run a selective backup to solve this the best way?
Selective doesn't change how the include/exclude are processed, it just backs up all files matching, instead of only if they changed.

Something like:

Code:
exclude \\nas\share\...\*
include \\nas\share\directory\...\*
exclude.dir \\nas\share\directory2\~snapshot
That will backup only the files in \\nas\share\directory
It will backup the entire directory structure of \\nas\share except for ~snapshot

Back