exclude for scheduled task and include for manual backup?

major

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Is it possible to configure client for scheduled backup only some specifies folders, and let to backup any other folders and files selected manually in GUI?

sorry for my English :)

thanks

Yes see the "objects" parameter when changing the schedule. "help upd sched".

it works only for the files and not for the folders

i tried this string for Objects
C:\Documents and Settings\*\Mes documents\...\*

Last edited:
You would need to list each directory tree you want done in the objects parameter (separated by commas from memory).

so c:\documents and settings\dir1\,c:\documents and settings\dir2\,etc

You won't be able to do exactly what you have above using the objects parameter. You could just set it to c:\documents and settings\ couldn't you? The excludes you have will still exclude stuff under documents and settings you don't actually ever want.

ok, it works but it is not what i need;
I need backup all My documents and Desktop folders of all users in the Documents and settings folder. And not only files, but the sub folders too, and i can't update each time the client's schedule, when he add a new sub folder to My documents or to Desktop folder. There is a limit for the list of the objects, only 20!

All this must be backuped by schedule, and let to backup all other on computer (C: d: etc) manually.

and then you'll put c:\documents and settings\...\desktop\*.*,c:\documents and settings\...\my documents\*.* in the objects, subdir=yes to option parameter ;)
if there is some of them in drive d and then you'll put * instead of c
( for example: *:\...\desktop\*.* )

c:\documents and settings\...\desktop\*.*,c:\documents and settings\...\my documents\*.* in the objects
\...\ doesn't work for the objects, in the dsmshed.log file a have this code error ANS4942E

thanks for the option subdir :) it works

Back