Error ANS1520E after TSM 5.3.4 client upgrade

mricca

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I just upgraded the TSM client on an HP-UX 11.i server. The backups ran and completed last night, but I am seeing this error message over and over in the dsmerror.log
I can login to dsmc and manually run an incremental with no problems.
I looked this error message up on line and really can find nothing on it.
Any ideas??????

ANS1520E Failure writing to the Tivoli Storage Manager error log: errno = 13, Error 0
ANS1520E Failure writing to the Tivoli Storage Manager error log: errno = 13, Error 0

The error log is in use when performing scheduled backups. What is looks like is happening is either you don't have permission to write to the error log or the error log statement points to a non-existant file. Check the permissions on the file to make sure you have write capabilities. It might be set to read-only.

I did check the permissions on the adsmlogs. I changed them about an hour ago and just did a tail on the dsmerror.log and the same error shows up.

11:00:06 ANS1520E Failure writing to the Tivoli Storage Manager error log: errno = 13, Error 0

drwxrwxr-x 2 root sys 1024 Feb 8 10:36 adsmlogs

(lab1) /var/adsmlogs # ll
total 14672
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root sys 19646 Feb 8 11:00 dsmerror.log
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root sys 7415836 Feb 8 10:22 dsmsched.log
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root sys 60617 Feb 8 10:22 dsmwebcl.log

I changed the permissions on /var/adsmlogs as well as all the logs in adsmlogs.
I havent seen the error since. It was occurring every hour, so hopefully that was the issue.

Thanks

someting the wizard used to creat the Scheduler service car creat corrupt target errorlog file,

so try delete and redifine your schedule,
you can use the "dsmutil" command:

dsmcutil install scheduler /name:"TSM Scheduler Service"
/node:xxxx
/password:xxx /validate:no /autostart:yes /startnow:yes
/errorlog:"/var/adsmlogs/dsmerror.log"

hpe it's help

Not sure I understand about the Wizard since this is an HP-UX box. I just FTP the software over to the box, and install it with the swinstall command. I thought the wizard was only on Windows boxes?
Changing the permissions fixed the problem however. Havent seen the error since.

I am receiving the same error message and this is what the permission look like on the dsmerror.log -->

-rw-rw-rw- 1 root system 46348 Apr 18 10:49 dsmerror.log

Is this not right ?

Back