Dsmsched.log and dsmerror.log modifictaion in location in LInux

tsmdumber

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi

Is there a way to change the location of the dsched.log and dsmerror.log apart from ds.sys.For linux nodes!!!

I know it can be done through dsm.sys but in my setup the log files are not in default location and not mentioned in dsm.sys. the logs of som of the servers are loacted in / starbgely.

Trying to figure what could be the other possible ways to change the location.

Environment variables could be another option? but how do I check where exactly are the logs.

if its enovronment vairalbles will the command env tell where the log files have been defined?

It is really embarrasing standing infront of sysadmins and not knowing where my logs are!!!

Your help is much apprecaiated

Regards,
TSM DUMber

The default location of the dsmerror.log and the dsmsched.log should be
/opt/tivoli/tsn/client/ba/bin .

Via the TSM Client Command Line issue q systeminfo, this will create a file called dsminfo.txt.
In the dsminfo.txt, look for a heading called OPTIONS, then look for errorlogname and schedlog name.
It should show the path and name of the file for the error and sched log.

If its not there look at the env setting for the os.

Yes, env will list all the env settings.
If its not set there, there is a possibilty that the node is associated with a clint option on the TSM Server.
On the TSM Server issue q node node_name f=d look for a parameter called option, if the parameter is blank then the node is not associated with a client option.

There is also a possibility that the error and sched log does not exist.

Good Luck,
Sias

Back