DRM Volumes - Specific Pools

Fontesg

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
We have recently revamped our DR processes and have separated our nodes into tiered pools - tier0, tier1, and then a general pool for the rest of our nodes.

The tier0 and tier1's are critical to business continuity and will be the ones to be restored first.

I need a "pull" report for the offsite volumes generated on a daily basis and emailed to our storage facility so that on any given day we can have these fedexed to the DR site.

Any help would be appreciated

DR Procedures..

I did exactly the same thing in my environment, so I understand what your trying to accomplish here. In order to make this work you need to understand that TSM manages things by storagepool. This means that ALL the tapes in your tier0 storage pool are required to recover the tier0 storagepool. Therefore, on a regular base you need to make sure that all the tapes from tier0 are in your offsite location. The same goes for all the other tiers are well.

The most straight forward way to do this is by using the contents of the 'prepare' report to know what offsite volumes are associated with what tier. Of course the DRM module, and the associated 'prepare' command are subject to Tivoli licensing, which in this case is the 'Extended Edition' licensing. If you do not have Extended Edition than the DRM module and the associated 'prepare' command are not available.

If you meet the requirements, from your 'dsmadmc' utility run the 'prepare' command and review the results. These results will bin the the TSM server bin directory OR the location named in the 'QUERY DRMSTATUS' command.

Back