DRM Class

PWCS

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a DRM class that is done in AIX rather than Microsoft? I do see a course code (TMX62) for it at the IBM training site but I can not seem to find any clases for the AIX version. My 2 TSM servers and half my TSM clients are on an AIX O/S and I would prefer to take a class more tailored to my environment.

PWCS
DRM as outlined - is a Disaster Recover MODULE. Its a process which allows TSM to invoke its Enterprise - Data Management capabilities. I repeat - its a module of an application.
The single class offered by IBM is the explanation of that Process regardless of what platform TSM is operating under as Ed has mentioned above.
The Redbook on DRM is the first place to look - it explains in detail the 7 different types of a disater and there means to recovery. By applying what you have read or learn to the needs of your customer base and business need - you will see first hand DRM will provide a successful solution.
Take the class - get a feel for the intention of DRM and then take it back to your homestead and watch it work for you.

Good Luck

Try http://mux-ed.com
TM561 is the DRM AIX class.

I do agree that most of this is policy and not Os specific, but it names the Os's in their class guide. :)

good luck

Back