DriveEncryption Error after upgrading to 5.4.3.0

smuthu

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I had upgraded the TSM Server to 5.4.3 from 5.4.1. After the upgrade, the migration to tape from drive isn't happening, I tried to do a TSM backup to tape and it came with the following error " The drive in TapeLibrary is incapable of performing any drive encryption operations". We have a Dell ML6000 Tape Library and we are using Ultrium 4 tapes. I also turned the Encryption option to off on the device class. I would appreciate if anyone can pass on a solution to rectify this problem.

Thanks in Advance

Try deleting the paths to the tape drives and recreating them. Also, are there newer drivers or firmware available for the tape drives? You may want to update.

I was building a TSM server today with a new 3584 library with LTO4 drives. I built it on v5.4.3.0 and was getting the same error. After confirming that drive encryption was disabled in the devconfig and on the library, I was still getting the error. Applying v5.4.3.2 fixed the problem.

-Aaron

Updated to v5.4.3.2 and initial error msg is gone. Thanks for everyone who had replied to correct this issue.

Back