DR site CopyPool/DB restore

kim_mitchell

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I have a DR plan file that runs M-F and creates offsite copies of my db and Stg pools.

Is it possible to create a copy pool that I would use for a stg pool and DB backup created on a Sunday that would be sent to the DR site, my concern is if I do that, then on Monday when I run the regular off site copies I will not have copies of the data I sent off site. Can I have two offsite copies of the same data?

Is it easier to just backup stg pools and DB and check the tapes out. What I want to avoid is having a copy of data at the DR site that I cant access without sending the tapes back to main site.

Also Can you have two TSM servers that have identical copies of db and storage pools for DR purposes, what I need to do is have Nodes at DR site that are exact copies of Main site, and never be more than 7 days behind.

Is the only way to synch the DB and Stg pool by doing a db restore or is there a simpler way?

Thanks!!!!!

did u try the "Copy Storage Pool(s)" parameter in the storage pool configuration?

u know the backup in "Y" !!

I am not sure I follow.

For both disk and tape stg pools where do you add the copy stg pools parameter?

Thanks

I think Im getting it

Create a copy stg pool(call it DR pool) and assign it to the DRM copy stg pool.

I only want it to run one day a week so I can set it to run on Sundays, possibly script it. DO u know of a script

Back