Domino restore in DR server

huttivoli

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
We are planning to restore production Domino server in DR site. Restoration of MKsysb is completed successfully by UNIX SA. Now I am trying to run domdsmc q dbb command to check the connectvity with TSM server, but I am getting below error.

"Could not find 'notes.ini' in Current Directory or PATH"

I have noticed that, in DR server, Domino application is not running and notes.ini is not available too (As per production).

I just want to confirm whether its possible to restore the Domino database via TDp for Domino if the Domino application is not running and, after coping the notes.ini file from production to same location in DR, will the restoration work?

Thanks in Advance.

The notes.ini is certainly needed - the Domino agent needs to know the local domino structure in order to install data into it...

I suggest you locate the domino/tsm redbook (SG24-5247-00)... tbh I've not checked whether its been updated, but much of the data will be relevant. Try section 4.7.2 (Disaster Recovery).

I also want to confirm, whether Domino application should be in a running state while TDP for Domino starts its restoration?

Short answer - it needs to be down, then up, then down, then up.

As I said, get the redbook.

T

Back