display only x number of selected columns

rdemaat

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have this select listed below. I don't want all of the selected fields to show in the output. Just the first 4. The last 2 show duplicate info/columns but I need them for the comparison logic. How do I only display the first 4 selected fields? Thanks.

select client_schedules.schedule_name, client_schedules.starttime, associations.node_name, nodes.tcp_name, nodes.node_name, associations.schedule_name from client_schedules client_schedules, associations associations, nodes nodes where client_schedules.schedule_name = associations.schedule_name and associations.node_name = nodes.node_name and client_schedules.schedule_name like'%VM_BACKUP%' order by client_schedules.starttime asc

That's easy, just need to omit them:

select client_schedules.schedule_name, client_schedules.starttime, associations.node_name, nodes.tcp_name from client_schedules client_schedules, associations associations, nodes nodes where client_schedules.schedule_name = associations.schedule_name and associations.node_name = nodes.node_name and client_schedules.schedule_name like'%VM_BACKUP%' order by client_schedules.starttime asc

Oh. Ok. I thought you had to select them to use them later. This is what I want. Thanks!

Back