Deleting inactive files on target after restore?

tasi

Newcomer
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hello,

Here's my situation:

We have a live Novell server let's call it Server1 and a "hot standby" server we call Server2 connected through a T1 line to another location.

I am using TSM to restore the most recent backup (the night before) from Server1 to Server2. This is done daily. The TSM server is on the same LAN as Server2.

The problem I have is that when restoring, TSM won't remove 'inactive' files from the target server (Server2).

So I am trying to find some software which will 'prune' the target server. I want the software to do a compare of volumes between Server1 and Server2 than delete any files from Server2 that were not found on Server1.

I am experimenting with foldsync from www.funduc.com, but foldsync likes to copy files that don't exist to Server2. I just want to delete, not add.

Can anyone help? Is anyone aware of any scripts or software that can perform this task? It doesn't seem like a very complicated task but, I am having dificulty finding any help.

Thanks,

Tariq.

Under Unix, I set the option "replace all", and then TSM will overwrite the old files.

If this answers your question, you owe me a lunch. :grin:

You want to do a uni-directional sync of the filesystem. Under several unix(es) there is an open source product called rsync (www.rsync.org) It will do exactly what you want, but I am unsure if there is a binary for Novell or not (fairly sure theres not) but the source IS available.

Just a thought.

-Aaron

Back