Deleted a filespace by accident

brentwg

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi:

I hope that this is the correct forum. I made a horrible error. I was looking at the filespaces associated with a node and said, "Why are we backing up this filespace? I am certain that I've excluded it from the backup. I should just delete it..." Shortly thereafter, it occurred to me that the reason that filespace was there was for ARCHIVES!

So, I quickly killed the process (however, it had already deleted ~29000 objects). Then, to preserve the state, I halted the TSM server.

Naturally , I would like very much to restore the archived data. It exists on copy-pool tape. However, I don't even know where to start. Can someone who is a billion times more experienced than I am (and, as it turns out, way way smarter than I am), please point me in the right direction. I will read any manual or RedBook. I will do anything to return my database to the state it was, just 5 minutes before I issued the delete command.

Any help would be extremely appreciated.

When was the last time that you did a full database backup?

It seems to me that this will be your best bet to use the DRPlanfile to recover your database.

The last successful backup was at 5:00AM this morning. The filespace was deleted at approximately 2:00PM this afternoon.

Back