Define Volume in stgpool

yampam

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm using TSM 5.4 with 5384 lib and LTO3 volumes
one of the volumes (in the library -which I can see thru the library manager and q vol) does'nt apear at q libv.
I tried :
1.audit libr - does'nt help
2.def vol <stgpool_name> <vol_name>-get the folloing error: ANR2347E DEFINE VOLUME: Volume name "A00099L3" is ambiguous; resolves to multiple defined volume names.

any suggestions ??

Thanks in advance
Yam.

Last edited:
What happens when you do a checkin? I expect you'll get an error messaging stating that this volume is known as a volume on a different library. That's why it won't check in.
Does a second library show up in "q libv"? Since you don't name volumes volume:library, TSM won't let you use the same label in two libraries.
On the other hand, perhaps somebody just stuck it in the library and it never got checked in, but as I understand it, that wouldn't give you the ambiguous volname message.

Is the volume in question being tracked by the volume history?

What messages do we see in the actlog regarding the volume in question?

Good luck,
Sias

Thanks for your replays

CHECKIN LIBV expect that i'll check in the volume - but the volume is inside the library !!
and the volume was in use previously ( its 26% full )
in "q vol " i can see detailes but "q libv" -no much found .

any HELP will be appreciated!
Yam

What command you are running to check the volume in the Library?

The command should be "q libvol library_name volume_name". You can give * instead of library name. If still you are not able to find the volume in q libvol command then run

checkin libvol library_name search=yes status=scratch/private checklabel=barcode

May be this can help

Hi, Is that volume changed to "Read-Only"? you can check this by giving the command 'q volume <volumename> f=d' and try to change the access to read-write.

Hi and thank you all ,
I changed the volume status to readwrite . It was unavailable after the last time TSM tried to use it ( becouse he didn't found it in the library).

Is the cmd CHECKIN LIBV should work on a volume whos inside the library already??
AUDIT VOL not working on volumes whos "not inside the library" (according to what he think"
Will restart to the library will help ? (inventory on the library - not TSM ) ??

Try the following procedure: 1. checkin libv search=yes checklabel=barcode status=scratch 2. checkin libv search=yes checklabel=barcode status=private 3. audit library checklabel=barcode Regards. Wim.

the volume A00099L3 is already defined in storage pool.... try define other volume

Back