db2 verifying mgmt class

jbeusse

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Can someone help me, I need to verify / display what mgmt class a db2 backup used. The dba updated the db2 configure file to use a mgmt class of 7years, but now I need to verify within tsm that this mgmt class was used. From the client is there a display command for db2 files which list the class used.

If you go in to the client gui as if to do a restore, the file or files will show you the management class which was bound to it. I'm sure there are other ways, but this is real easy.

this does not work for data files passed through the db2 api

From within the TSM server - do a q node and determine which TSM domain the node is registered in. Then from that domain do a q mgmtclass dom=XXXX - to get a listing of all the management classes operating from that domain.
Good luck

From within the TSM server - do a q node and determine which TSM domain the node is registered in. Then from that domain do a q mgmtclass dom=XXXX - to get a listing of all the management classes operating from that domain.
Good luck

this gives me a list of mgmtclasses for the servrer, but i need to know the class used for the database backup. the db backup is performed from db2 using tsm. Therefore i do not have a file name or any info for any paricular db backup that come through the tsm api.

Just do this:

select * from backups where node_name='YOURTDPNODENAMEINALLCAPS'

This will list the files and their MC's for your tdp node. Some db2 data may end up as archives as well, check with the same query as above but use "archives" instead of "backups" as the table.

Back