Data Domain DD880 AIX Driver

eperez507

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what driver for the VTL is needed to the Data Domain DD880. I have version 5.5.3 and it does not have it. I tried aTape driver 12.*.*.* and that does not work...

Does anyone know what driver for the VTL is needed to the Data Domain DD880. I have version 5.5.3 and it does not have it. I tried aTape driver 12.*.*.* and that does not work...

From the Data Domain guide

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Utilize IBM LTO tape drivers for any host that connects to the DDR. Download driver for LTO (3580 tape drive): ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/devdrvr/
• Utilize TSM provided changer drivers for the VTL changer(s)

4.2.2 UNIX Systems
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]1) Discover the devices using OS specific tools.
2) Install the LTO drivers
3) Add the devices into IBM TSM
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Pretty sure the 12.X drivers worked for us, but I am not the one that set it up, and we've since moved to Linux for our TSM platform.

The VTL is a STK L180. Use the media change device driver that is installed with TSM server. Run cfgmgr to create a /dev/lbX device. Use the Atape device driver to support the drives assuming you are creating IBM LTO drives. The device file names will be of the form, /dev/rmtX.

Back