Configure TSM for Exchange Cluster

najmulhasan

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Dear Experts,

Iam new to TSM..Can anybody guide me how to Configure TSM 5.4 for present Exchange 2003 Clusters in our windows Environment...I need to backup my Exchange database on my Tape Library....
The document from IBM as well as Redbook is confusing for me...

Please any help is really appreciated.

I am presuming that you have your Windows cluster up and running.

You to do several steps:

1. You need to configure TSM BA Client for the Cluster nodes. This backs up the nodes OS and other system resources.

2. You need to define a Windows Cluster resource that fails over properly. This resource will call the TDP for Exchange agent that is installed on each node. The Exchange database must be on the shared resources (disk) that has been configured properly to fail over using the MS Cluster Admin.

3. TSM services will run on each node for the TSM TDP for Exchange. Only one node should be active at anytime BUT should follow the fail over resources.

See this link:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoc...dex.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.itsmfm.doc/dpexc85.htm

Hi

follow the below steps to configure TDP for Exchange

1. Install Data Protection for Exchange from an account that is a member of the local Administrators group for the machine on which the Exchange server is running.

2. In the Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPExchange directory, edit this dsm.opt file with the following options:
- nodename: Specify the nodename of the machine where Data Protection for Exchange is installed. This is the unique name by which the Tivoli Storage Manager server recognizes your machine.
- tcpserveraddress: Specify the TCP/IP address of the Tivoli Storage Manager server to which you will back up your Exchange databases. You can specify the address as a domain name (server.xyz.company.com) or a dot address (10.100.23.5).

3. Launch the Data Protection for Exchange GUI by selecting Start

Thanks for the info. I will try it out and let you know how it turns out.

Thanks again !!

Back