Commands to Query TSM???

spiffy

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of any SQL Select commands or anything i can use to query the TSM server for the following information

1) I need to know the nodes that are associated with schedules, and the ones that do not have any association (trying to clean up nodes that no longer exist, house cleaning yippee)
2) any command I can run on a node that tells me how long it waited to process the backup - I need to know for example how long it was in wait status due to tapes drives all used or diskpool at its capacity

thanks in advance

James

I would use a select statement ... and if you have not used select before issue the help select command at the dsmadmc command prompt... it will give you a good overview of the available select statements.

I had a script to do what you are asking, but I cannot find it. But here is some information that might help you get started.

To run the command to get the list of client schedules you'll need to use 2 tables, "client_schedules" and I believe "associations" If you run the select with just the client_schedules table you will get all schdules for clients regardless if there is a node associated with the schedule or not.

I have used this command for administrative schedules.. I put it in a script and ran it from the AIX OS level.

from AIX OS command line:
path/dsmadmc -se=tsmserver_name -id=${ID} -pass=${PASS} "
select schedule_name, description, command, starttime,
dayofweek, active
from admin_schedules " >> output file

from dsmadmc command line:
select schedule_name, description, command, starttime,
dayofweek, active
from admin_schedules "

To get a list of all tables to run select statements against:
select * from syscat.tables

:)

The following will give you all nodes associated with schedules

dsmadmc>Select node_name,schedule_name from associations

and following will display all nodes not associated with any schedule.

dsmadmc> select node_name from nodes where node_name not in (select node_name from associations)

Hope this helps

SWEET! that is exactly what I was looking for!

thanks folks!

Back