Command line install of Scheduler services

ivandem

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sentia.ca
Does anybody know if it's possible to install and configure the scheduler service with the command line? I'm trying to create a fully automated installation of the BA client and this is a hurdle that I've not been able to overcome. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

Yes, look at the dsmcutil client-side command. This is what you would use when installing multiple services such as in a cluster scenario but for what you're doing it's also what you're looking for.

Automated Client install

Have you had any success in being able to do this?

I'm working on something similar and I'm looking for tips.

Thanks

kidquick10

dsmcutil inst /name:"TSM_SCHED_%computername%" /node:%computername% /password:****** /autostart:no /startnow:no

dsmcutil inst CAD /name:"TSM_ACCEPTOR_%computername%" /cadschedname:"TSM_SCHED_%computername%" /node:%computername% /password:***** /autostart:yes

dsmcutil inst remoteagent /name:"TSM_WEB_%computername%" /node:%computername% /password:***** /partnername:"TSM_ACCEPTOR_%computername%"

This is the batch file i use to install all service on windows machince(scheduler acceptor and web interface)...

Last edited:
and this is the command line to uninstall the services in windows

"C:\Program Files\Tivoli\tsm\baclient\dsmcutil" remove /name:"TSM_WEB_%computername%"

"C:\Program Files\Tivoli\tsm\baclient\dsmcutil" remove /name:"TSM_SCHED_%computername%"

"C:\Program Files\Tivoli\tsm\baclient\dsmcutil" remove /name:"TSM_ACCEPTOR_%computername%"

make sure you stop the services.. not need id but always help.

Dang, Wipet! I just wrote almost that same thing, though I don't use system-specific names for the services, and I let the CAD manage the scheduler (avoid the memory leaks).
Another HUGE time-saver is the /machine: flag - once tsm's installed at all on a node, you can configure it from your workstation without logging in. That came in really handy when our windows tsm guy left and I was finally allowed to address the 224 windows servers that weren't backing up every night. The 177 that have TSM installed and are running remote registry service AND are in the domain they gave me domain admin in are all backing up now, and I'm down to the long slog.

never played with the /machine: but i'll look at it... interesting option.. TSM_ACCEPTOR is the cad.. and TSM_sched is the schedule manage by the cad... The reason i'm using %computername% is just to help me when managing windows clusters and TDP'S...

In my case, I prefer NOT to use CAD to initiate any TSM backup. I like the TSM Scheduler and in my experience, this gives me the least missed or failed backups when configured properly.

Thus, one would see two TSM services up and running all the time: one for CAD which is used solely for Web access and the other for the TSM Scheduler.

I like this setup for MS Clusters.

It worked beautifully for me. To make make this a generic script (needed for our purposes) we prompt for the nodename and password in the begining of the script and then run the command as follows

.\dsmcutil install /name:TSM_Scheduler /password:%PASSWORD% /autostart:yes /eventlogging:yes /startnow:yes /node:%NODENAME%

Thanks for the tip.

script avail?

Hello, does anyone have the full; script handy for posting?

Back