Co-Existing TSM Client Software

ILCattivo

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a few scenrios coming up where I have clustered Oracle Linux servers backing up the Oracle DB via RAC through the TDPO client. (Version 5.2.2)

For exmple TSM Node = ORACLE1_TDP can recieve Oracle DB backups from either servers ORACLE1-1 & ORACLE1-2

Today the business owner of these servers now requires file level backups outside of the Oracle DB's (Basically BA Client Backups) on the same two servers (ORACLE1-1 & ORACLE1-2)

Can the BA Client software co-exist on the same server as the TDPO Software? (We use ver 6.3 BA Client for Linux) and if so how can this be done? When attempting to install the BA Client software I get conflicting file errors referring to the TDPO API64 Package previously installed? So will a case of just upgrading the TDPO software on the servers to ver 6.3 and then re-running the BA Client installs do the job?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Last edited:
I have never worked with Oracle but on other Databases you generally have to have the BAC at the same level as the TDP. This is particularly important in the V7.1 TDP's. So I would think the API for V6.3 is far different than the API for V5.2.2. An upgrade of the TDP may be in order here.

Back