client on windows 2000 error - SetDllDirectoryW

grax88

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

i have problem on one server with backup client. After runnig gui (or something else) i get error:

The procedure entry point SetDllDirectoryW could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

Server is windows 2000, SP4 with latest updates. On other machine (same software configuration) this works. Client version 5.3.0.4 (so i think supported on this platform). Any idea? Thank you for help

Tomas

Thanks fo reply. I've read this link but there is written that is supported on xp sp1 and above. But this version of client is supported on windows 2000 and i wrote that on other windows 2000 server this works. So where is the problem?

update your tsm client to latest supported version on win2000 (5.3.6.0) and try again

Late solution posted, if someone else find this thread ...

Copy the contents from the client binary folder \system32 over the files in %SystemRoot%\system32

Example if you extracted the 5.3.x client in the default C:\tsm_images directory:
Start > run > cmd
cd /d C:\tsm_images\TSM_BA_Client\System32
copy * %SystemRoot%\system32\ /y

Done!

Btw... the reason for this problem is probably because newer client have been installed and then removed, newer client than 5.3.6 does not support Win2000 but there was possible to install newer versions (the installer did not have the proper Prerequisite check, APAR was published regarding that issue).

Late solution posted, if someone else find this thread ...

Copy the contents from the client binary folder \system32 over the files in %SystemRoot%\system32

Example if you extracted the 5.3.x client in the default C:\tsm_images directory:
Start > run > cmd
cd /d C:\tsm_images\TSM_BA_Client\System32
copy * %SystemRoot%\system32\ /y

Done!
Worked!! Thanks Kolli! Better late than never.

kolli: I had the same problem when try to installed flash player 10. I have try your method but just could not access the c: drive using 'cd' command. I have search for internet for the command to access c:, and using 'chdir C:\' to access c: drive but could not access tsm_images\TSM_BA_Client\System32. But I can using 'copy * %SystemRoot%\System32\ /y' directly from c: only and got 'AUTOEXEC.BAT 1 file(s) copied' message. When I try to install the flash player again the same message came out. Can you help me with this..
My window version is 2k 5.00.2195

your guide is really appreciated
thanks 4 your attention

Hi Gerres,
This solution is for Tivoli Storage Manager Backup Client, it does not apply to Flash Player. I'm not sure, but I would expect Flash Player 10 not to work on Windows 2000. As far as I know Win2000 is not suppoerted anymore (this 12 years old operating system). Perhaps ypu should think of upgrade your operating system. If you are using this computer as workstation, you should consider Windows 7 as I believe it is pretty stable OS. Bot ofcourse it is qouestion of hardware support and $ :)

owh I see, actually I just handle the problem already today. Last timed I'm trying to installed flash player 10.3 it didn't worked. And then I install flash player 8, it's worked but only can play youtube files. And then I install flash player 10 it's worked for all video I want to play/view for. For this whole week I'm struggling thinking deep for the answer and the end it just system requirement meet between application and window only. For your info this computer is for workstation, there for I have no wright to change the window and this window is original register under our office name.

thanks again kolli for your attention

Back