Client Migration Problem

TCS

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been tasked with moving some TSM clients from one server to another. One server is on v5.2.2 and the new one is v5.3.2.

Sounds simple doesn't it?!! I've defined the servers to one another and used the export node to server command. This has created the client on the new box with its filespace etc...

I edited the dsm.opt file to point to the new server and the client logged onto it OK. When I went into the restore view none of the data which was availibe on the old server is on the new one.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Is there something esle I should've done?

Thanks in advance. :)

It appears that none of the client data has moved over. You can query the new server to see what the client's occupancy is. (q occ {node}) If it doesn't list any data, then the client node and filespaces have been defined, but none of the data has been exported/imported. This normally happens for 1 of 3 reasons. 1) The export didn't include the client data. You should be able to export just the client data to the new server. 2) The new server doesn't have the correct management classes, etc to hold the client's data. 3) server to server communications isn't setup correctly. Because the client was defined, I don't think this is your issue.

I think that the export either didn't contain the client data or for some reason, the new server would not accept the client data. You can try a full export (including data) to tape and then import that data. This alomst always works.

-Aaron

Back