Client installation on SLES 10

VincentVega

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a couple of SUSE Enterprise 10 servers that needs to get backed up by our TSM server.
I have never installed the TSM client on a Linux before. Are there any good step-to-step guides out there.

Thanks....

Last edited:
Take a look at the readme coming with the client. With suse all you need is running two or three rpms. The exact syntax and order may be found in the readme as well.

PJ

P.S. I might add that this, like all things around suse linux, is a straight forward and easy enough task. Until a message pops up stating, that an unexpected error occurred (which is a blatant lie, since nothing but an error with no further explanation was to be expected) and you start rummaging around and find out that somebody had made an update which changed the pam rules or some such nonsense. I went to the zoo the other day and found myself dragging the kids away from the penguins as fast as I could... ;)

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree with PJ. I have SUSE 9.3 on my environment and all I have to do is install 2 rpm files, configure the /etc/profile file to reflect the TSM environment variables, and the dsm.sys and dsm.opt files.

Last edited:
Back