Certification & Experiment

cedber

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to kwnow which experiment you have when you pass the TSM exam ?
I'm new in TSM administration and it's more by curiosity...

CedBer

what do you mean by "experiment" ?

max

I am guessing he means 'work experience'? I have about 3 years worth of experience in TSM and i have not taken my certification yet...Maybe i should give it a shot!? :)

Hi,

This is what i would like to say : work experience...
I'm french, so my english is bad ;-)

Thank's for replies,

CedBer

Hi,

I'm also French speaking. So, we should not have any problem to understand each other.

To come back to your question, I used to work at IBM Belgium and provided support for TSM to customer based in Belgium, Luxembourg, France and Middle East. After 6 months in the team and one implementation, I successfully passed the certification. But, I was doing only TSM at that time.

Then, I moved to an IBM partner and was doing many other stuffs than just TSM. But, I had to renew my certification after 3 years and passed exam successfully again.

Therefore, according to me, it really depends how confortable you feel with the product. I think there is a test exam on IBM website. If you do not pass this one (which is normally easy) forget about certification.

To help you prepare exam, I would recommend the following redbook:

SG24-7127-00 (IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 5.3 Certification Study Guide)

Regards, Olivier.

I took 872 and did not pass the first time, I had a few months working with TSM at that time. I waited almost a year to retake it and passed with ease. I had been working solely with tsm all that time.
I passed 779 with ease as it was just 872 with a few 5.3 questions thrown in. I mean word for word the same.
I passed 881 and it was tougher than the previous 2. I did take the online prep test that prometrics (sp) offers and passed that the day prior to taking the actual exam. I scored better on the actual exam than I did on the prep one, but I do think it helped me prepare.

Searching these forums and the web is your best bet to help study. Being able to work with tsm helps, I would not want to try any of those exams without working with tsm for at least 4 months steady, with studying.

Good luck!

Back