Central Control Station w/o DR

jwoods

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Is it possible to use CCS to monitor/control non-DRHub-based FB servers and tasks? I have 7 FB servers with most backing up the maximum 40 clients. I'm using TSM as my offsite solution. Due to budget constraints, I could not get any disk for offsite DR replication. It's quite a task jumping around through the various FB Mgrs to administer each server. Wondering is there an easier way to monitor & administer all FB servers from the same GUI?
This is a feature IBM should add to future versions!

jwoo

Wondering, is it possible to install and configure the DR Hub server and CCS without performing the ftp or replication?

From the CCS GUI you can right-click on any FastBack Server instances listed under the "FastBack Servers" tree and then click 'Manage' - this will open the FastBack Manager console pointed right at the FastBack Server in question. Is this what you mean?

Unfortunately, the FastBack Server instance list in CCS only seems to get populated after a DR replication - however, I reckon you could easily spoof this by setting up a one-time minimal or empty DR operation from your FB Server. There might also be a back-door way of doing this (take a look at the contents of C:\ProgramData\Tivoli\TSM\FastBack\CCStation\branches\) but I've not tested this.

HTH

Plus, I'm just learning now that the TSM Integrated Solutions Console provides management for multiple FastBack Servers - could be exactly what you're looking for.

Indeed, I just learned that in an IBM Fastback webcast that you posted earlier this wk :)

Many thanks.

Back