Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac_Gaiver

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hello,

Anyone using CDP ? According to documentation the CPD feature in Fastback is not a realtime backup solution, since you can only restore the data that are stored between snapshots presents in the Fastback Server, in a situation where a failure occurs and the last snaphost was not taken the data cannot be restore, is this information correct ? There is any solution that can take realtime backup (copy the data in the moment of a modification) of files in a file server to a solution like Fastback or TSM ?

Thanks in advance.

I was wrong, in our lab when we do a snapshot (with CDP enabled) all modifications are logged on the FastBack server after this snapshot and we can recover that volume in any point in time after the snapshot, but we encountered other problems, when the FastBack server or the client is out due to some problem (network, OS failure, network etc) the CDP process does not log the filesystem modifications on the FastBack when the problem is resolved and the communications between the client and the FastBack server are back, on the FastBack Manager the time range is listed as red (no CDP data availabe), this situation is fixed after we do another snapshot and the CDP is back to normal.

Anyone knows if there is some kind of procedure to automate this tasks, leaving the CDP back to normal as soon as the problems are resolved ?

Thanks in advance

i run cdp snapshots every 1 hour for 24 hours and then overwrite the cdp snapshots. once per day 1 run a normal backup on the same volumes and keep for longer

this way if there are any issues the most i stand to loose is 1hr of cdp snapshot data, but likely going to be less

Hello elbutre, thanks for the answer.

When there is a problem between the CDP client and the FastBack Server what do you do ? you wait for the next CDP schedule or you do a manual snapshot of the volume ?

i just wait for the next cdp schedule, the most i stand to loose is 1 hour which is acceptable for us (and i have other ways of recovering some of the data if need be)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back