Cannot start server!!

shandy

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi,

I'm running TSM Server 5.1.0.0 for Win2K.

I cannot start the server as the recovery log is full.

I have added a second log file, i.e. log2.dsm in the same directory as log1.dsm but still can't start the server.....there must be a way of extending the log before I start the server but I cannot figure out how?!?!?!

Help!!!!!!!!

Ta

Shands

did you try "dsmserv extend log" and "dsmserv display logvolumes"?

if it didn't work, try "dsmserv dumpdb" , "dsmserv loadformat", "dsmserv loaddb" and "dsmserv auditdb".

can you please post the result?

good luck!

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE> if it didn't work, try "dsmserv dumpdb" , "dsmserv loadformat", "dsmserv loaddb" and "dsmserv auditdb".

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

DO NOT TRY "dsmserv dumpdb" , "dsmserv loadformat", "dsmserv loaddb" and "dsmserv auditdb" this will not solve the issue! :-o

I would not run any of the above command with out consulting TSM Technical Support. They may have another solution.

With the auditdb, once you hit "enter" you are committed.

Depending on the size of the TSM database. It can take days, weeks or LONGER for the audit to complete and it must complete.:-o

If you stop the audit and restart it again, the audit starts from the beginning and not from where it left off.

With TSM 5.X the auditdb is supposed to run faster than the old version of TSM.

To extend the log its, dsmserv extend log &lt;logname> &lt;size>

Once you get the TSM server running again, do a backup of the database this will commit the data in the log to the database.

Since I do not know how large is your log file. If you reach the limit of the log file where you can not extend the log any further.

The database would have to be restore to a point in time before the log got filled up.

Sias

Back