Cannot Label libvol - ANR8816E

greverbella

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a bunch of tapes in the library, and when I run a q libvol they appear as private, but without DATA in them (nothing appears in the Last Use column).

So What I am trying to do is label them and checkin as scratch tapes.

First I checkout those volumes with the checklabel=no and remove=bulk options. Then I run a label libvol with the options search=bulk labels=barcode checkin=scratch overwrite=yes.

But I get the following error: ANR8816E LABEL LIBVOLUME: Volume RO0025L4 in library ITSO_LIB01 cannot be labeled because it is currently defined in a storage pool or in the volume history file

Any ideas of what am i doing wrong? Or what other step should I need to perform?

Thanks a lot in advanced

Ok got it!

Volume Name: RO0025L4
Storage Pool Name: C_ITSO_ARC
Device Class Name: LTO_U4
Estimated Capacity: 1.2 T
Scaled Capacity Applied:
Pct Util: 100.0
Volume Status: Full
Access: Offsite
Pct. Reclaimable Space: 0.0
Scratch Volume?: Yes

Thes volumes are from a copy storage pool, i found them by quering DRM..

Thanks for illuminating me :)

I have a similar problem, but none of the tapes I'm trying to use are defined in a storage pool. I've tried overwriting the labels (label libv ... overwrite=yes) and it's still a no-go.

The tapes are from a retired instance of TSM.

I have a similar problem, but none of the tapes I'm trying to use are defined in a storage pool. I've tried overwriting the labels (label libv ... overwrite=yes) and it's still a no-go.

The tapes are from a retired instance of TSM.

Try querying the volhist file for references to the volumes. You may need to delete them before you can reuse them.

Back