Cannot find mailbox

Toonces

Newcomer
Reaction score
I've tried restoring a user mailbox, but it claims it cannot find it. Both via the GUI and command line. It lists the mailbox as being available. However, when I restore it will chug away restoring logs and then two, maybe 3 hours later decide it cannot find the mailbox and to ensure that it was backed up. I'm fairly certain it was backed up, at some point. Regular full backups have been the victim of what can only be described as an "incompetent operator". I don't know when the last successful backup happened, I haven't been able to figure it out, TSM and I *DO NOT* get along well, and it tends to win most of the arguments. I've tried to understand it, but it just hasn't happened.

I'm not sure what other information to include here, please ask for further clarification on things.

Apologies if the steps have been broached before, but the anxiety is a bit high and causing issues concentrating.

Much thanks in advance.

addendum: Don't hate me, but we're moving to another backup system. As a consequence, we waved bye-bye to our TSM support. Apparently the software is spiteful.

Edit 1 of 'an absurd amount'

It's Exchange 2010 on Windows 2008 R2. 3 systems in the cluster. Flashcopy 3.2.0.0, TSM 6.4.0

Back