Can you suppress requests within TSM

gwatts

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

We have a configuration of two tsm server instances which are managed by a library manager cluster connected to a 3592 library.

When our operations team use the drmedia command to move tapes offsite (ie put in a status of vault) the process creates a mount request operation on the lmc - the ops then have to run a "q req" and a "q rep" on the lmc to confirm the request.

Can this request process be suppressed so as when they issue the "move drmedia" command the tape is ejected to the hopper without requesting confirmation

Your server should be above the version 5.4 and I suppose 5.3 either has that in place.but in 5.2 version,there will be "request" for each move drm process.

Regards
Hema.

we are at version 5.5.3.0 - does that mean there is a way to disable in this version ?

Hi

Can you post the "move drm" commands you are issuing. Have you tried "wait=yes" syntax with the command??

Cheers

Hi thanks for reply - yes we do use wait=yes - although not sure of significance of this as just thought this determined whether process was run in foreground or background

the syntax we are using is
move drmedia <vol id> wherestate=mountable source=dbbackup tostate=vault append=no wait=no remove=yes

However your suggestion made me look at the help page for move drmedia and i think I can achieve what I want by changing line above to remove=bulk - so i will test this

thanks for pointing me in the right direction - guess I should look at the help page first !!

ah the help pages are always a good place to start...

you said you use wait=yes but in the example you posted you had wait=no..

I believe depending on the library config the wait statement can effect whether you need to give the reply command after move drmedia..

cheers

Back