Can not register library license

dynamox

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I am trying to register a library license on TSM 5.2.3 box running AIX. Whenever i run "register license file=libshare.lic number=3" , the only thing i get is :

HTML:
tsm: EMUTSM2>register license file=libshare.lic number=3
ANR2852I Current license information:
ANR2853I New license information:

when i run "q lic" ... i do not see it registed. I tried removing nodelock file before attempting this. After i run the command it creates a new nodelock file , but yet it does not take the license. Has anybody seen this?

Thanks

Yes I have seen it and I believe I had to call support on it. If deleting it and trying to recreate it is not working then your better off letting support walk you through it.

yes, but unfortunately TSM 5.2 is not supported anymore, well ..you have to pay for extended support. I thought it would be something simple. This server is a test system, where database was restored from production system. TSM 5.2 was a fresh install on this test system, i copied all the *.lic files from production to test thinking that would work ...but no dice.

Are you running extended edition of TSM? How many libraries are currently registered or in use at the moment.?
Have you tried to remove the nodelock file - then register the licenses with a wildcard?
If you want to try something else - halt the server = bring it up in the foreground or console mode - then try to register licenses from there and let us know.
You can also upgrade your test to 5.2.4.5 or higher this version may have a bug in it.
And since this is a test box - did you install 5.2.0.0 from CD - then license it - then apply the maintenance packages afterwards?
If not - you can give this a go a well.

Let us know

i found the problem, i had both 32bit and 64bit tivoli.tsm.license packages installed. I have no idea why TSM would allows me to do that ..but anyway..once i uninstalled the both packages and re-installed the 64bit one, i was able to apply licenses. Here is the article i found the helped me to lead to this solution.

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21181499

Back