barcode label does not match tape label

cwinters

Newcomer
Reaction score
I have an issue with a tape that is recognized in the storage pool but the label on the tape is not matching the label of the bar code so when it reads the tape it does not match the bar code label and makes it 'unavailable'. Is there some way to either fix it or to be able to move the data off the tape so that I can relabel it as a scratch volume? I'm running TSM 5.5.2.

This is actually our off site copy pool containing virtual 'tapes'. I was thinking of setting the tape to 'destroyed' and attempt to restore from our onsite tape pool. Or is there an easy way to do this?

If the tape is a copypool tape, you won't be able to mark it as destroyed - you can only mark primary tapes as destroyed. What you will need to do is delete the volume in question, and then the next time your stgpool backup runs the data in that volume will be backed up to a copy again.

Actually, I can set it to destroyed because the physical tape is not part of a actual copy pool but contains virtural volumes of a copy pool.

Back