Backing Up A Domino Server

OKTSMGURU21

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
TSM Level = 5.1.5.0

Domino Level = 6.2

We have successfully installed TSM on the Domino server, along with successful backs and restores ( through the Domino server ). Now, I have tried several times to get the TSM server to run a SCHEDULED backup, and it continues to fail ( with NO errors produced ).

Can SOMEONE lend some assistance ? :mad:

It is becoming REALLY frustrating........

Hi,

I do not believe TSM writes any message about the entire process. There are several locations to search for messages: TSM server activity log, TSM B/A client scheduler logs (refer to $DSM_LOG) and TDP client logs (refer to $DSMI_LOG). And of course system/console logs (e.g. in /var/log tree). Have you tried all of them?

Did you configure the TDP scripts to pipe their output to log files instead of stdout?

Cheers

Michael

Is anything appearing in the schedule log relating to the Domino schedule? If not you've probably either not set up the scheduler on the client correctly or not associated the schedule with the client on the TSM server.

It might be worth while logging to to the TSM command line as whatever node it is that you have got performing the schedule and doing a "Q SCHED" and see what schedules it thinks it should be running.

Regards,

Tom

Does your domino run on a Windows platform?

If so get the TSM Domino Scheduler that you have configured to run using a domain admin level account. On tsm I configured the schedule to run a command file which uses TDP Domino command line backup for all databases.

Hope that helps.

Back