BAC Client Scheduler Creates "Program" When Started

DHall

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello and thank you in advance.

I've had this issue on many Windows 2003 servers on a wide range of BAC clients (5.5.0.0 to 5.5.2.0 or so). Whenever the scheduler is started, it creates a 0 KB file on the C: drive called Program. It locks this file down so that it can only be deleted if the scheduler is stopped. Every time some one logs in to the server it gives a warning about this file. Now this is just a nuisance more than anything, as it does not appear to halt or alter the operation in any way, but I would like to ask if someone knows why this occurs.

Thanks for the quick reply and the right on answer.

I typically do not specify the log file paths in the dsm.opt. When creating the scheduler, I just browse to the log files and select them that way. Sure enough I had the full "Program Files" path in there. Once I replaced with the old school Progra~1 path, no more file is created.

Thanks!

The BA clients (most flavours I've seen) all tend to have subtle problems with path names that include spaces, so using the old 8.3 nomenclature, or quoting the path name is the way to go. In some circumstances even quoting the path can cause an issue as the quotes can be misconstrued to be part of the path. It's programming 101 again for the IBM developers. :down:

Back