AuditDB

pj1

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I need som clever ideas on how to fix my DB with minimum downtime.

My TSM server is v5.5 on windows 2003 64bit.
The DB is 170GB and has grown way to much and needs an reorganizing.

I tried to do an unloaddb, but this failed with error - bad object name
I then tried dumpdb, this also failed corrupt page.

The TSM server seems to run fine on a daily basis, I have installed an additional Server and moved half the nodes/load over.

So , I need a plan on how to reorganize/audit my DB without many days of downtime.
I have the possibilty to introduce an temporary tsm server, but afraid the full backups I'll get will kill me. Any way of avoiding this ???

I guess i'm not the first experiencing this , so i'll love to hear how others got round this issue

rgards

pj1

Well - in theory a dsmserv auditdb would be handy, but you might want to get in touch with IBM before attempting it...

T

your TSM db is up and running? does it crash at all if it touches this corrupt page mentioned in your dumpdb? i was just wondering whether your expiry is running to completion? as i have heard of a site that had a corruption in their DB and when expiry ran and touched that node - it fell over..

i was justing thinking if it was similar to this you could identify where the problem was and continue as you have mentioned exporting nodes off one by one..

Back