Audit SCSI library!

kyle007

Noob
Reaction score
1.We are using IBM3584lib and LTO2 tapes drives, TSM server Ver5.4.
In that i could able to find few of the tapes unable to access and status is unavailable mode and few of the tapes not in the inventory(q libvol), its lyi in idle state, for this case what i need to do to bring this all idle tapes to live?

Could pls advise anyone on this case,

and second ques is

audit library command is: Audit library <lib-Name>
the above mentioned cmd will do audit in library.

audit parameters are,
1. checklabel=yes, barcode

if i used the above parameters what will do or wht are the items are updating and if i used the above parameters anything need to care before use this options,

Could you pls guide me anyone with brief info
Cheers
Kyle..

1.We are using IBM3584lib and LTO2 tapes drives, TSM server Ver5.4.
In that i could able to find few of the tapes unable to access and status is unavailable mode and few of the tapes not in the inventory(q libvol), its lyi in idle state, for this case what i need to do to bring this all idle tapes to live?

Could pls advise anyone on this case,

and second ques is

audit library command is: Audit library <lib-Name>
the above mentioned cmd will do audit in library.

audit parameters are,
1. checklabel=yes, barcode

if i used the above parameters what will do or wht are the items are updating and if i used the above parameters anything need to care before use this options,

Could you pls guide me anyone with brief info
Cheers
Kyle..

Disable the session, To prevent library activity. Dismount all volumes from tape , then give the Audit library. Checklable will use for SCSI libraries. If you will use barcode. audit process time will decrease.

It really depends on the volume/tape status. Perhaps some volumes need to be offsite versus onsite; hence, TSM update its status to read-only or unavailable. You're on the right track, run a library audit, the checklabel parameter tells TSM to insert each volume you have in the LTO into the tape drive to check its label. If volume label verify, it's good, if not, it might be scratch tape/s that needs to be re-check in with labelling.

Once done, you can use your DRM to move tapes offsite to offsite location or re-check volume/s in, etc.

If there is a backup, migration, reclamation or another process that uses the library, audit will not start. The process will just hang there till the library becomes empty. So as a preparation you should disable and cancel all sessions, see to that there are no processes or tapes mounted.

Back